“A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” -Washington Irving; an American author and Historian.
Imagine a woman
- running a household, rushing to work, making business decisions, juggling meal planning and shopping, and volunteering her time for worthwhile causes, while radiating cheer to her children and charm to her husband.
- who serves God with all of her heart, mind, and soul, seeks His will for her life and follows His ways.
- whoteaches her childrenthe ways of her Father in heaven. Nurtures them with the love of Christ, disciplines them with care and wisdom, and trains them in the way they should go.
- who cares for her body and prepares healthy food for her family.
- A charitable who serves her husband, her family, her friends, and her neighborswith a gentle and loving spirit.
- Who is creative and works willingly with her hands
This is my definition of a Supermom.
Before I was a mom, I had never gotten up in the middle of the nightevery 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love,the heartache,the wondermentor the satisfaction of being a Mom.I didn’t know I was capable of feeling so much,before I was a Mom
There are different types of mother;
- Those who do not have biological children but take care of the other people and mentor them.
- Those who birth dreams-entrepreneurs who are the source of life for economies
- Mothers who nurture and develop leaders.
MOTHERS AS ROOTS
There are some people who come into your life and they are like branches ona tree. They are stronger than leaves, but you have to be careful withthem. They will stick around through most seasons, but if you go through astorm or two in your life it’s possible that you could lose them. Mosttimes they break away when it’s tough. Although they are stronger thanleaves, you have to test them out before you run out there and put all yourweight on them. In most cases they can’t handle too much weight. But again,you can’t be mad with them, it’s just who they are.
ROOT PEOPLE (MOTHERS)
If you can find some people in your life who are like the roots of a treethen you have found something special. Mothers, like the roots of a tree, arehard to find because they are not trying to be seen. Their only job is tohold you up and help you live a strong and healthy life. If you thrive,they are happy. They stay low key and don’t let the world know that theyare there. And if you go through an awful storm they will hold you up.Their job is to hold you up, come what may, and to nourish you, feed youand water you.
The powerful effect that Mothers have on every society in which we live is immeasurable and vast. They shape the cradle of society, bringing to each life, the set of values, virtues and the attitude that will shape each life as it comes into human form. For it is the Mother who first stamps her image on the newborn child; of love, of acceptance, of the grace of God, to live out their lives as God intended by her love.
It is us mothers who inculcate the values and the humanistic feelings of empathy, of charity, of compassion for another, seeing to the well-being of all, that drive a life along a path of decency and worth. For every child grown to adulthood, becomes a contributing member of society, based on what she has taught them. Their contribution can either be dignifying, or demeaning, depending on a mother’s influence and love.
To each of you who struggle every day to perfect the art of mothering, I offer you these words of encouragement. Never give up. Never stop loving your child, no matter what. Never doubt for a moment that you are the embodiment of God’s love here on earth.
Being a Supermom is not about be “perfect.” It’s about living life with purpose, diligence, forgiveness, and repentance.
My love to all those here today who can claim the art of mothering as their own. Your love is the rock, the foundation, the blueprint of creation for those you love. It is for that we are gathered here tonight.
Best wishes to all nominees.